2017 is only days away! We know you’re busy buying gym memberships, researching online classes, and resolving to make this year better than any before. But have you thought about New Year’s resolutions for your lawn?
6 New Year’s Resolutions for Your Lawn
- I will water well. Just as important as not parching your grass is not over watering. You know that sloshy feeling in your stomach when you drink too much water? Don’t do that to your sod!
- I will give my yard a fighting chance. Spring will be here before you know it. Prevent weeds from cropping up with a little preventative weed control.
- I will aerate my grass. Poking holes in your yard may seem like a fruitless endeavor, but annual aeration gives your lawn room to breathe, preventing disease, minimizing brown spots, and reducing thatch buildup. If you skipped aeration this fall, you can aerate your lawn in the spring.
- After aerating, I will overseed. How else will you fill in the patchy areas in your grass?
- I will nurture growth. Need some fertilizing tips? NG Turf has plenty of info to help you out. If we haven’t addressed your questions in a past blog, let us know and we’ll write one just for you.
- I will mow wisely. Don’t give your lawn a buzz cut. You’re not saving time; in fact, you’re increasing the chance of lawn damage. Longer grass encourages deep, healthy root growth and helps choke out weeds. Cut off no more than ⅓ of the grass blade when you mow.
Raise a glass to gorgeous grass! Start the year off right with a little help from NG Turf Atlanta sod farm.