Oh how we love lawns, let us count the ways . . .
6 Reasons to Love Your Lawn
- The freedom to play. Lawns give us a place to relax, play, and connect with the people you love. Nobody wants to lay in the dirt to read a good book or play a game of pickup football on the driveway. Lawns are soft, safe, and a great place for families to play.
- Emotional support. It may sound crazy, but studies show that spending time in nature can actually improve your mood. People who spend lots of time outside are generally calmer and less stressed. They may even heal faster!
- A quiet, happy home. Grass muffles neighborhood noise like cars, construction, and loud kids, allowing you to live a more peaceful life, even if you’re close to the city.
- Sturdy ground to stand on. Grass controls erosion by absorbing rainfall, reducing runoff, and binding the top layers of soil to an extensive root system.
- A high value partner. Installing a sod lawn gives homeowners a high return on investment, especially if they intend to sell. According to Gallup, a healthy lawn can increase home value by up to 15%.
- Love is in the air. Trees get all the press when it comes to producing oxygen, but a lawn of just 50 square feet produces enough breathable air for a family of 4. It also filters toxins and other harmful substances from the air.
There are countless benefits to installing a lawn, and we’ve barely scratched the surface. Why do you love your lawn? You can let us know on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+.