NG Turf provides one of the largest selections of sod in Georgia. But with so much variety, it can be daunting to choose the right type of grass for your landscaping needs. Whether you’re choosing turf for your home, business, or an outsourcing project, we’ve got the grass for you; and we’re here to help you find it.
Before you begin, there are a few questions you want to ask yourself:
- Is your soil rich, clay-based, or sandy? Is soil type and dispersion uniform across your yard?
- Will your grass be shaded, in direct sunlight, or will it receive some combination of sun and shade?
- Is the foot traffic light or heavy?
- Do you have typical Atlanta weather conditions, or do you need to plan for unusual climate changes?
- Is your water supply sufficient? What irrigation can you implement in your lawn?
- How thick do you want your grass?
- How quickly do you want results?
Knowing your conditions before you start your project allows you to choose the variety that suits your home or business. Growing season from Decatur to Macon peaks in the summer months, but with our warm Georgia autumns there are plenty of options for fall sod installation. Our southern climate is ideal for warm season perennials like Bermuda and Zoysia. Centipede grass works well for home installation because of its durability and low maintenance. Fescue grasses thrive in the cooler months, giving you a plush, green lawn year-round. Other important considerations include heat and drought tolerance, shade tolerance, traffic and disease tolerance, and maintenance.
NG Turf is dedicated to providing you the best Atlanta sod for your project. If you’re not sure which sod is right for you, contact our sod professionals for a consultation. Choosing your turf is the first step to cultivating the landscape of your dreams.