Do you want a lawn that’s thick, lush, and rich in color throughout the growing season? Zoysia sod is an excellent choice for Georgia due to its heat and drought resistance. And because of our temperate climate, NG Turf grows Zoysiagrass year round, so you can install it even during the dormant season. Not sure how to care for your zoysia lawn?
Zoysia Lawn Calendar
- The warmer months are the best time to lay Zoysia sod, but by following NG Turf’s dormant-season lawn installation tips, you can get a lush, vital Zoysia lawn anytime.
- Prevent crabgrass and other summer weeds from sprouting by applying pre-emergents in February and March.
- Begin fertilization in late April or early May for optimal turfgrass growth. August is the best time for fall fertilization.
- Aerate Zoysia turfgrass in May if possible.
- Overseed your Zoysia lawn after spring aeration. The best time to seed your lawn is May or June.
- Dethatch your Zoysiagrass lawn during the summer. Your lawn needs dethatching if thatch exceeds ½ inch.
- Apply winter pre-emergent herbicides in September or October.
Zoysia Sod in Atlanta
If you want Zoysia sod pallets for your Atlanta lawn, NG Turf can help. We provide high quality turfgrass to homeowners and professionals across North Georgia. Zoysia sod is low maintenance and grows well in shade, heat, and drought conditions. At NG Turf we grow a variety of Zoysiagrass, including:
- Zeon Zoysia
- Marvel II
- El Toro Zoysia
- Jamur Zoysia
- Meyer Z-52
Call NG Turf to schedule your Atlanta Zoysia sod delivery.