- Water to dampen the bare soil.
- Start laying sod immediately after delivery.
- Begin installing sod along the longest straight line, such as a driveway or sidewalk. Push edges and ends against each other tightly, avoiding gaps or overlaps. Stagger the end joints from one row to the next in a brick-like pattern. Use a large sharp knife to trim corners, etc. On slopes, place sod across (perpendicular) to the slope, not vertical with the slope.
- To ensure success, water the sod during the installation.
- After installing sod, roll the entire area with a sod roller to improve sod-to-soil contact.
- Water daily, or more often on hot days, keeping sod moist until it is firmly rooted (about two weeks during the growing season). Lift a piece of sod here and there to confirm that you are watering enough to wet the original soil below the sod. Do not saturate the soil deeper than two inches, and do not allow water to move off site.
- After the rooting-in period, begin less frequent and deeper watering. Water to supplement rainfall shortages only. Avoid fixed timer irrigation settings. Lawns perform best when they receive approximately one inch of water per week. If one or more inches of rainfall occur in a week, additional irrigation is not necessary. A rain sensor will help prevent automatic sprinklers from overwatering.
- Weather conditions dictate the amount and frequency of watering. Be certain that your new lawn has enough moisture to survive hot, dry or windy periods. Low humidity days in winter months may also necessitate supplemental watering.
- Water areas on mounds and berms and near buildings more often, where reflected heat dries the turf.
What our clients say
The shade tolerant fescue is just what we needed to turn 2500 sq feet of dirt and weeds behind our pond into a beautiful park. The transformation is amazing. We're thrilled with the turf quality, price, and our sales rep!
I have been a hydroseeder in Franklin NC for 3 years now and next spring I will expand my business to establish lawns using sod. The lawn I put in, using your fescue sod, for MPP in Franklin is now a beautiful lawn and they are more than happy with the result. NG Turf will see a lot more of me in the future.
Zeon Zoysiagrass is a wonderful all around turfgrass. It is a great choice between the wider bladed Meyer but not as fine as Emerald. Very traffic tolerant, drought tolerant and durable. When installed properly this grass gives instant satisfaction.
The fairway lies offered by Zeon to-date have no comparison. The downside to Zeon fairways comes when you have to be a guest or play in a tournament elsewhere and are relegated to 419 or some other variety of Bermuda grass.
In the past, I very seldom recommend bermudagrass for a home lawn. The main reason was poor performance in shaded areas close to the house, under trees, etc. Now with the development of TifGrand Bermuda, the world's first shade tolerant bermuda, I can use it with confidence.
NG Turf has been great to work with. The customer support is always friendly and responsive, complete with site visitations. The sod is always delivered exactly when we need it. This keeps our crews productive and allows us to get more done in a day. Most importantly, the sod is always fresh and lush. NG Turf helps to differentiate us in our market area.
We love using North Georgia Turf at HighGrove Partners. The quality of their Bermuda product is exceptional. They have a tremendous team that always provides great customer service; whether it is with turf questions, scheduling, or looking up old invoices. We really enjoy having them as a vendor partner and would recommend them to anyone.
When it first came on the market, I installed TifGrand Bermuda in my front yard because my grass was thinning out due to a north-facing orientation (shade). I have been very pleased with the results and NG Turf was extremely accommodating with their professional advice and service.
We found evidence that TifTuf™ used less water than Tifway419 and TifSport. It’s just a very tough and drought-tolerant grass. As soon as it quits raining, TifTuf™ is still performing well, unlike others that can start to fail.
I was very pleased with the customer service and quality of the sod. I only ordered one pallet but was treated as if I was as important as their biggest repeat customer. We couldn’t be happier with Kayla and the NG Turf team.
After installation and a month of growth, I concluded Zeon Zoysia from NG Turf was everything I had expected. But the real surprise was the reception I received from their staff when I visited them to review all I needed to do to get it looking outstanding – even though I had a very small purchase, they treated me as if I was their largest customer.
Our company works with high-end residential clients and the sod we install is a reflection of us. We use NG Turf because they always come through with great service, timely delivery, and beautiful sod. We try to give excellent service and we always appreciate getting it in return. NG Turf really takes care of us!
Our company has been buying sod from NG Turf for many years. They never disappoint with their service or their product. They bend over backwards to make sure their landscape contractors and homeowners are 100’% satisfied. Highly recommended.
I ordered 8 pallets of Tifgrand for my yard and called 3 places. I found NG Turf’s prices to be the most competitive. More importantly, the delivery was scheduled for 8am, Saturday and the driver showed up around 7:30ish. No complaints here.
My landscaping business has purchased sod and delivery services from NG Turf for several years. We use them exclusively now. We can rely on them for good quality sod, good pricing, and delivery service. NG Turf is also highly supportive of our Georgia Urban Ag Council and other industry related organizations and causes.
First, the sales department was wonderful and extremely helpful. I ordered 2500 square feet of Meyer Zoysia, and the office set up delivery very quickly. The delivery was right on time, and very prompt with unloading the product. The sod was great quality, and I am extremely satisfied with the company.
Huddleston’s Landscaping has used North Georgia Turf products on many occasions. We have installed multiple varieties of Bermuda and Zoysia. North Georgia Turf products “hold up” after we leave the job site. We trust North Georgia Turf sod, and will continue to use their product in the future.