At NG Turf, we serve the needs of landscapers, homeowners, golf course superintendents, and others who need fresh, high-quality sod in the community of LaGrange, GA. Our company was founded in 1985 by Georgia native Aaron McWhorter with just 25 acres of certified Bermuda. Today, we have more than 2,000 acres of vegetatively grown sod and a shipping network that spans from Macon all the way to Chattanooga. Each of the 10 different varieties of grass that we grow is “blue tag” certified by the Georgia Crop Improvement Association.
Varieties of grass that we ship to LaGrange and other locations in Georgia include:
• Zeon Zoysia – our top-selling grass at NG Turf; has a fine, almost soft texture and a thin blade; a true “barefoot” grass
• JaMur Zoysia – tolerant of shade but not as tolerant as Zeon; the most drought-tolerant Zoysia available
• Patriot Bermuda – recovers well from injury and has the longest growing season of any Bermuda; used by the VA Tech Hokies and the Philadelphia Eagles
• Tifway 419 Bermuda – the most popular variety of Bermuda grass of the last 40 years; drought tolerant but NOT shade tolerant; perfectly suited for residential lawns and golf course fairways
• Rebel Supreme Fescue – a good choice for anyone who wants a grass that stays green year-round; available exclusively from NG Turf
To learn more about these and other varieties, contact NG Turf today. We also offer Pro’s Choice – a granular clay top dressing that is used to absorb moisture on baseball infields and provide for a more uniform playing surface.