Perry, GA is home to one of six sod farms owned and operated by NG Turf – a producer of 10 distinct grass varieties. NG Turf was founded by Georgia native Aaron McWhorter in 1985 and today has approximately 2,000 acres of vegetatively grown sod in locations throughout the state. In addition to our farm in Perry, we have sod farms in Whitesburg, Calhoun, Clarksville, Fort Valley, and Heard County.
Our grass is inspected four times annually by the Georgia Crop Improvement Association (GCIA) and is cultivated under carefully monitored conditions. Sod from NG Turf can be delivered to your location in Perry, GA in just about any quantity. We cater to the needs of golf courses, lawn companies, outdoor athletic facilities, and do-it-yourself homeowners in Perry and elsewhere in the state of Georgia.
Here are detailed descriptions of some of the different types of sod that we offer:
• the “Cadillac” of all our grass varieties
• exceptionally tolerant of shade and has low thatch production
• requires minimal fertilization
El Toro Zoysia
• extremely dark green in color
• easy to mow and has good shade and cold tolerance
Rebel Supreme Fescue
• the ONLY turf that will stay green year-round
• more tolerant of heat than most other types of fescue
• available exclusively from NG Turf
• the darkest Bermuda grass available and the first ever hybrid Bermuda that is tolerant of shade
• a product of world renowned turfgrass scientist Wayne Hanna of the USDA
Tifway 419 Bermuda
• a highly popular Bermuda that is drought tolerant but not shade tolerant
• does well under heavy traffic
To learn more, contact NG Turf today. All of our sod is delivered fresh, healthy, and ready for installation. We serve Perry, Georgia and many other communities in the state.