Sunbelt Blue ™
A Texas Bluegrass Hybrid
Developed through a partnership between Texas A&M and NG Turf, Sunbelt Blue™ is an innovative cool season cross between Texas and Kentucky bluegrass. Sunbelt stands up to Southeastern summers better than fescue, while remaining cold hardy and keeping its bright green color year round. It performs with superior resistance to disease as well. Sunbelt’s rhizomatous root system provides heat and drought resistance and also allows it recover from stress and damage—unlike fescue, which requires overseeding.
Medium blade; blue-bright green color year round
Medium; better than tall fescue
- More disease resistant than other cool season grasses
- More heat and drought resistant than fescue
- Better recovery than other cool season grasses
- Medium fertility requirements
- Medium mowing frequency
- Full sun to partial shade
- Cold hardy
- pH 5.5 to 6.5
- Landscape—Home lawns, commercial properties
- Irrigation is not required, but is recommended.
- Once established, follow general recommendations of 1″ of water from rain or irrigation per week, depending on soil conditions and climate.
- Although heat and drought resistant, Sunbelt Blue will perform better with increased watering in periods of high temperatures or drought.
- Visit the resources page to view or click here to download our watering guide for new and established grass.